Thursday, February 28, 2008

Book 11


Thank you Kirke, she really told me everything I needed to know. It is strange even though I left her; she was still very kind to me and helpful. Speaking of which, so was kalypso when she was forced to let me leave. I guess, when you love someone you just want what’s best for them, even if it means letting them go. So after I sacrificed the sacred animals, the ghosts all came to me. First I saw the woman I came to see, the Theban prophet Tiresias. She told me that Poseidon has hated me because of when I blinded his son, and also that, I WILL GO HOME AND GET PENELOPE BACK. First I have to go home kick the suitor’s butts, then I need to go to this island and sacrifice an animal to Poseidon so he’ll stop hatin’ on me. Then I can go home and live my life. She also warned me not to touch the flocks of the sun, if I did, my trip home would become a nightmare. At first I automatically thought ok well I’m defiantly not going to touch them now. Then I started thinking of everything that has happened to me recently; being seduced by Calypso, taunting the Cyclops, being seduced by Kirke, my men opening the bag. I started to realize that temptation can overrule your self control very easily, so I had to be careful. I was so sad to see my mother here in hell, especially when I heard that she had died because her mourning of me. She gave me the 411 on what’s happening at home. I then saw the ghost of Elepanor, my crew mate who had broken his neck. He asked us to give him a proper burial, but we just couldn’t, it would be far too dangerous, I felt so bad for him but I couldn’t do anything. I started seeing more and more familiar faces of other war heroes, Achilles, Agamemnon and others who told me of their lives and of their deaths. After a while the ghosts started to close in on me so I ran back to my ship and we headed out for our journey home... again.

No comments: