Sunday, February 10, 2008

book 3 of the Odyssey



Today I have found more information on how Telemachus is doing on his journey. Telemachus seems to be more persistent and brave then i could have ever imagined. Telemachus and Mentor arrived in Pylos just in time to see 9 bulls being sacrificed to Poseidon. Although Telemachus is nervous, he finally builds up the courage, with a little encouragement from Mentor, to ask the noble Nestor if he knows where I am. Nestor being the great story teller, told pretty much the entire war. Nestor and I had fought side by side, until he and his crew decided to leave and abandon our king. After that he couldn’t have known where I had gone. Nestor tells my son to continue his journey and travel to Pherai. I am very worried for Telemachus, although he is trying not to lose hope it must be very hard for him. I can tell he is a strong boy just by his desire his strong will, and I think he will find me. Athena also gives him hope, she tells Telemachus of her true identity, and tells him he must go on. If a man loses hope on something it is gone, but if he can hold on to any amount of hope, it will take him a long way.
Sincerely Odysseus

No comments: