Thursday, February 7, 2008


I am still trapped on this dreadful island, and I don’t see myself leaving any time soon. I have no communication with anyone off this island, and I’m getting more worried by the second. Hermes is still giving me day to day recaps of what’s happening at home. I have just learned of Penelopes plan to stall time, she had been unraveling her loom that she promised the suitor; after she was finished with it she would marry. Although it gave her lots of time, these suitors are angrier than ever. I only hope she will be able to hold them off until I get home. My son has just called the first assembly in 19 years; he is preparing to leave for his journey. Before my son allowed the suitors to walk all over him, now for the first time he is starting to stand up to them. When boys are put in difficult times, they either mature and become a man, or quit and give up. I believe Telemakhos will be able to stand up to the challenge and succeed. He has lived an easy life in my home, and now he will truly be tested.
Sincerely, Odysseus

No comments: