Sunday, February 24, 2008

Book 8


Hey everybody, Odysseus here. It’s been a while so I’ve got a lot of news. So Alcinous and his pals decided to give me a ship, food and a lot of men to help me on my journey. This whole time I haven’t even told them my name, which is really starting to eat at my insides. We still had a lot of time till we left though so I just crashed at Alcinous' pad. The king decided to throw a celebration for me. During the celebration a man, Demodokos decided to sing a song of the fight Achilles and I had. All of a sudden I started to cry, which was really embarrassing, but Alcinous saw me and stopped Demodokos. Later that night there were town games with all these young kids who were having competitions and showing off their skills. After all the terrible events I have gone through that was the last thing I wanted to do. Then some little prick started challenging my skills, so I stepped out onto the field and just absolutely destroyed all the other little hot shots. Then I started talkin' some trash and I was about ready to wreck one of those kids. If it wasn’t for Alcinous I don’t know what would have happened.
So then we all went back to the feast and ate some more. I asked Demodokos to sing me a song of the Trojan horse, and how I powned Troy. I tried my hardest, but I started crying again. I just hope my son doesn’t cry as much as I do, that'd be embarrassing. So once Alcinous realized something was going on with me he finally asked me what my name was and where I was from.

No comments: