Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Book 9



Hey, it’s Odysseus… still here. I don’t know if I’m gonna ever get home. So, I have just recently told Alcinous and everyone else who I am and I told them all great stories. Looking back on it all I realize how much I have been through, and wonder if I can ever be the same. When someone goes through so much trauma, they're never the same. The main story I told was the one about the Cyclops’s. I love telling this one cause I sound really heroic in it. So what first happened with this story is that me and my men land on the Island of the Cyclops’s. I kinda messed up on the navigations, but no biggy. So we get trapped inside this huge cave which is inhabited by a Cyclops named Kyklopes. Ya I know, kinda funny. But there is a bagilion pound boulder blocking our way out. This Cyclops is killing more and more of my men by the day, so I had to do something. I realized that I couldn’t just kill him because, who would move the bolder then, I had to trick him. First off I told him my name was nobody (you’ll get it later), then we decided to get him drunk, it took a lot of alcohol. After he had passed out, I then poked out his eye, which I did not enjoy doing. My men and I strapped ourselves to the undersides of the sheep and when he left he let us out with him. Little did I know that this Cyclops was actually the son of Poseidon, ugh what are the odds. So when Kyklopes came out yelling nobody has attacked me, all the other Cyclops’s did nothing, Ya that was all me. So then we left safely and I proceeded to tell my shipmates my true identity.

No comments: