Monday, March 10, 2008

Book 17


Hey its Telemachus here, sorry my dads busy working on our plan, he’s dressed as a beggar right now but will be back soon I think. So now that my dad and I have a plan to kill the suitors I'm getting really excited. I left my uncles house to say hi to my mom, she must be really worried about me, I haven’t seen her in a long time. I was also very happy to see Eurycleia. I told mom news of my trip, but did not tell her about dad being here. I told her that she must pray for the return of Odysseus. Meanwhile my dad was walking through the palace to see which suitors were kind. Almost all of the suitors gave him bread, which I was surprised about, although Antinous instead insulted him. Odysseus retaliated and insulted him back, and then Antinous hit him across the back with a chair. I could tell Odysseus wanted to fight back, but he restrained himself, I was very proud of his self control. Although Antinous didn’t know who this beggar was, you should always treat strangers respectively because you can never tell how important they might be. After their scuffle Penelope wanted to call the beggar (Odysseus) up to her room to question him, be he declined so now we’re stuck sitting with all these suitors.

No comments: