Sunday, March 16, 2008

Book 20

Last night I had a really hard time going to sleep. I kept thinking that Telemakhos and I won’t be able to conquer so many suitors. So I pray to big Zeus and ask if he could just send me down an Omen. Right then I heard this big clasp of thunder and I knew everything is going to be alright. Sometimes you just need a little reassurance to help put your mind at ease. I met this very kind Suitor named Philoetius. I was very honored when I heard him say that he still has hope that Odysseus will come home, I hope I don’t have to kill him. Then all the suitors entered the palace and they immediately started to talk of plans to kill Telemakhos. I was about to jump up and slit all their throats, how can they say such a thing in MY palace. I don’t understand how they can plan to marry Penelope after they kill her son. Later at the diner table one of the suitors threw a pig’s hoof right at my feet. Telemakhos stood up and threatened to kill the man, I had never been so proud of my son in my entire life, (partly because I had just met him). Then the ignorant suitors started laughing at him, we’ll see whose laughing when I murder all of you… sorry that was a little uncalled for. Strangely everything then started to be covered with blood, first the suitors then all of the walls. I’m not sure what it means, but I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of deaths soon, and I hope I’m not one of them.

No comments: