Thursday, March 13, 2008

BOOK 19


Hello readers, Odysseus here to report. We have now just removed the weapons from the suitors reach and hid them away, with some provided light from Athena. After my boy went off to bed, I sat with Penelope. She questioned me on things about me; I tried to be modest so I mainly gave physical descriptions. After describing, “him” Penelope immediately started crying. I felt so sad watching her cry, after a loved one is gone and you are worried of their condition, all you want to hear is that they are ok. I told Penelope that Odysseus was doing well and I had heard that he was going to return home soon. Then Eurykleia was to clean my feet, while she was doing that she noticed the scar from my childhood hunting accident on my leg. Immediately she started shouting and beckoning toward Penelope, thank god Athena was there, (no pun intended) she had distracted Penelope long enough for me to convince Eurykleia to not tell anyone about me being here. After that near catastrophe, Penelope describes to me her strange dream; I then interpreted it to her. None the less she said she will MARRY, THE FIRST GUY WHO CAN SHOOT AN ARROW THROUGH THE HOLES OF TWELVE AXES!!! Did I not just tell her that her husband was coming home in a month, jeeze. Then again, I’m not the most loyal husband.

No comments: